The new 2016 Printrbot Simple stands alone in a crowded field of affordable desktop 3D printers. It is beautiful but different. It’s not a box, so you can watch the action from any angle. It’s clean, straightforward design thoughtfully exposes the self-explanatory mechanics, while hiding the complicated bits. It’s small size, portability and metal construction make it a workhorse built for the classroom.
Printrbot brings ease of use to a new level with a built-in color touch screen, wifi and a free, optional, cloud service that simplifies the printing experience.
The 32-bit brain that powers this marvel outperforms all others. The smooth, speedy motion is mesmerizing without any of the jerks and wobbles familiar to all other 3D printers.
Understated yet powerful, welcoming but sturdy, this machine takes the complicated mysteries of 3D printing and makes it Simple.
- Wi-fi capability for untethered printing – Only compatible with 2.4GHz networks.
- LCD touch screen.
- 8mm Acme Lead Screw.
- Updated Handle and Spool Rack Design
- Rubber Feet.
- ON/OFF Power Switch.
- Updated Electronics: Printrboard G2 and Powrboard.
- Dual power plugs : our normal laptop psu and the ATX 6-pin molex (Ships with Laptop Power Supply).
- Ubis 13S Hot End
- Linear Rails & Bearing Carts.
- Partial Assembly Required.
- Model: 1608.
- Build Volume: 8″ x 6″ x 8″ / 203mm x 150mm x 203mm / 384 cubic inches.
- Print Resolution: 50 Microns.
- Print Speed: TBA.
- Filament: 1.75mm PLA (sample included).
- Extruder: Gear Head Aluminum Extruder with 1.75mm Ubis 13S Hot End with 0.3mm nozzle.
- Auto Leveling: Auto-Leveling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height.
- Construction: Powder coated steel and aluminum body with 12mm linear rail on all axes.
- Belt: GT2.
- Pulleys: 20 tooth, dual flange GT2 aluminum.
- Electronics: Printrboard G2, Powrboard, and LCD touch screen.
- Power Requirements: 12V (6 amp) laptop power supply (included).
- Motors: NEMA 17 stepper.
Windows 8.1 has signed drivers to recognize their Printrbot. For other versions of Windows, download from this link the required USB driver from here, right click on it and "Run as Administrator" to install the INF file. By following these steps, create a new COM port that can be used in Repetier Host.