The Boe-Bot is a popular robotics kit based on Parallax's BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller. Over 90,000 Boe-Bot robots are in use by hobbyists, educators and students around the world. Starting with basic movement and proceeding to sensor-based projects, customers quickly learn how the Boe-Bot is expandable for many different robotic projects.
No previous robotics, electronics or programming experience is necessary. What really makes the Boe-Bot unique is the BASIC Stamp microcontroller's flexibility of programming when coupled with breadboard circuit construction.
Following along in Robotics with the Boe-Bot, users quickly learn about embedded projects, from wiring and components to programming and mechanical dependencies. The Robotics text includes 4 activities for the Boe-Bot Robot with structured PBASIC 2.5 source code support and bonus challenges with solutions in each chapter.
Recommended Age: This product should be used and manipulated by Kids of over 8 years old.
- BASIC Stamp 2 Microcontroller
- Board of Education Development Board - Serial Version:
- Breadboard area
- 9-pin serial connector
- Powered via 9V battery or 9VDC power supply
- Reset circuit
- Power indicator LED
- Robotics with Boe-Bot Text Spiral Bound - 364 pages
- Sensors (contact, infrared, and visible light)
- High-quality aluminum chassis
- Various mechanical parts to assemble the robot's body
- A set of passive components (wires, resistors, capacitors)
- USB to Serial (RS232) Adapter
- USB A to miniB Cable